Updated June 1st, 2021
Based upon the recommendations for fully vaccinated people made by the CDC on May 13, and Executive Order 79 from Governor Northam, Waynesboro Mennonite Church is making the following recommendations:
Here are updates from the committee:
- Fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance within the church building.
- Fellowship meals may resume.
- Nursery will have a modified opening: inviting families to bring toys to play with in the nursery space and take them back home with them after church.
- Prevention measures are still recommended for those unvaccinated and we recommend that those who are not vaccinated continue to wear masks in public indoor spaces.
- Those who are fully vaccinated may continue to wear a mask if they feel more comfortable.
For those who do not feel comfortable returning to face to face meetings at this time. We
warmly welcome congregants to continue to participate via Zoom. We will make every effort to
assure everyone feels connected no matter which participation method they choose.
The Church Council, Pastoral Council and ReOpening Committee